A Park in the City
Picture a park in a bustling part of town, surrounded by high-rises.
A fountain, a small stream where children can splash, benches for sitting on,and, of course, a playground. Perfect. An enjoyable urban haven where people can relax and recharge. All this while the children in their care can safely hone their gross motor skills.
It wasn’t always quite so safe
This had been a great park for years. Previously, the playground surface was made up of rubber tiles. With time these had come loose. This meant that the children playing at the park were exposed to several dangers:
· Uneven loose tiles were causing trip hazards
· Exposed tile edges could result in cuts and abrasions
· Garbage,including needles, was getting stuck and buried under the tiles
Time for a Change
We installed our popular FirstBase Playground Surfacing. This is a poured-in-place rubber surface designed for playgrounds. It is certified by the InternationalPlayground Equipment Manufacturer’s Association (IPEMA).
· IPEMA Certified for 6ft and 10ft fall heights
· Tested to meet ASTM F1292 and CSA Z614 fall height standards
· ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible
· Surfaces utilizing black recycled rubber crumb are LEED compliant
· Available in a wide range of surface colour finishes
Protecting the Environment – Protecting You!
We’re happy to announce that we were able to re-use the old tiles!
These were ground up on site by our latest granulating equipment.
So: we used less new material, produced less waste and reduced the carbon footprint of the whole project.
We also: Cut costs for our client by avoiding landfill and shipping expenses.
Take a look at this! An awesome Softline FirstBase Poured In Place Surface.